The more accurate you are in your medical billing, the more you can maximize your collections. Codes and modifiers may change and audiology specialists should make sure that they’re using the latest. Inaccuracy could result in lost profits or even an audit.
Audiology Code Ranges for 2023
The following are updated CPT codes for audiology in 2023:
- 98978 – remote therapeutic monitoring
- 0725T – vestibular device removal or surgical implantation
- 0726T – vestibular device removal or surgical implantation
- 0727T – vestibular device removal or surgical implantation
- 0728T – initial programming, diagnostic analysis of vestibular implant, unilateral
- 0729T – subsequent programming, diagnostic analysis of vestibular implant, unilateral
- 92601 – Diagnostic analysis of cochlear implant, patient younger than 7 years of age; with programming
- 92602 – subsequent reprogramming
- 92603 – Diagnostic analysis of cochlear implant, age 7 years or older; with programming
- 92604 – subsequent reprogramming
Use modifiers to make codes more accurate and specific in order to increase collections from claims.
- -22 – indicates that the work is substantially greater than typically required
- -52 – modifier for an abbreviated procedure
- -59 – establishes one procedure as distinct from another procedure billed on the same day
Learn more in our Audiology medical billing services.
Work with expert medical billing professionals
Ready to get started? Contact us.