Family Practice CPT Codes for 2022 + Modifiers
Mar 14, 2022
Staying up-to-date on family practice CPT codes and modifiers is a key part of running a successful practice. Below is a cheat sheet to use for understanding family practice CPT codes in 2022.
Family Practice CPT Code Ranges in 2022
Below is a general list of the code ranges for family practice services and procedures in 2022:
- 99214 – Established patient office visit (30 to 39 minutes)
- 99213 – Established patient office visit (20 to 29 minutes)
Family Practice Modifiers
Below is a list of the common modifiers used in family practice medical billing. Modifiers are used in medical billing to avoid claim denials and incorporate a higher level of coding specificity to help get the right reimbursements.
- GO – Telehealth services to diagnose/treat symptoms of acute stroke
- GT or 95 – Diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of symptoms through telemedicine
- 59 – Denotes distinct procedural services from the rest of the services performed on the same day
- 76 – Denote repeated procedure performed on the same day by the same physician