The Industry of Cosmetic Surgery: What Dermatologists, Plastic Surgeons and Otolaryngologists Needs to Know
Jul 19, 2020
To look good is to feel good. This saying is so applicable for most men and women. Regardless of age, most people today are so concern on how they look. Not totally focusing to flaunt the physical appearance but when a person looks good, he/she feels good and it gives this positive outlook in life. Some are naturally born with the good looks (thanks to their genes!) but some wish to have better body part like this or that. So their solution? Plastic Surgery. Having one of your body parts enhanced is truly accepted in this generation. As the young people depend on social media, they witness the physical changes their idols would have. From tummy tuck to lip enhancement and breast augmentation. Confidence gets boosted together with self-esteem.
Why Tackle Plastic Surgery Industry?Statistics show that as young as 13 years old, Cosmetic Plastic Surgery is being availed and even 55 years old and above still undergo a cosmetic procedure. Mostly among females with 92% of the total population who have undergone surgery, while the 8% for males. Here are some helpful information according to the Plastic Surgery Statistics Report 2016 by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Percentage change 2016 vs. 2015
- 17.1 million cosmetic procedures – up by 3%
- 1.7 million cosmetic surgical procedures – up by 4%
- 15.4 million cosmetic minimally-invasive procedures – up by 3%
- 5.8 million reconstructive procedures – no change
2016 Top 5 Cosmetic Surgical Procedures 2016 vs. 2015
- Breast augmentation (290,000) – up by 4%
- Liposuction (235,000) – up by 6%
- Nose Reshaping (223,000) – up by 2%
- Eyelid surgery (209,000) – up by 2%
- Face Lift (131,000) – up by 4%